Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Twice In One Day?

Can you believe it? Two posts in one day? I just wanted to share a recipe for cookies that you can have while watching what you eat. Even my husband who is anti-diet food LOVES these cookies! They are from Martha Stewart, so you know they've gotta be good, right? Anyway, here's the recipe.

HEALTHY OATMEAL COOKIES

1/2 C whole-wheat flour
1/2 C all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/3 C vegetable oil
2/3 C packed dark brown sugar
1 lg egg
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 C rolled oats - NOT instant!
1/2 C dried currants or raisins (I used dried cranberries to add a little tang!)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Whisk flours and baking powder, then set aside.
In a new bowl, combine oil, sugar, egg and vanilla.
Slowly add flour mixture a little at a time.
Fold in oats and fruit.
Roll 2 Tbs. of dough into ball. (I use my Pampered Chef medium scoop so they're uniform size)
Bake for 15 - 17 minutes, rotating pan half way through baking.

They look like little mini-scones and don't take near as long to prepare, since you don't have to roll and cut them. I also like this recipe b/c I don't have to get out all of my kitchen tools to make them. It's a pretty easy recipe. I mean, I LOVE my Kitchenaid mixer, but these can be made really quickly with little cleanup. I hope you go an cook a batch soon - they are scrum-diddly-umptious!

2 comments:

Chad said...

Teale, get this recipe. Any cookie I can eat while on my diet is a good one to me. :)

Teale said...

will try this one... :)