Sunday, October 7, 2007

Ten years already?!?

Ok, so last night was the BIG NIGHT - my 10 year high school reunion! I can't believe I'm old enough to have been out of high school that long! It was a month in the making, and turned out much better than you would expect. We had a total of about 30 classmates show up for good food and reminiscing. The food was great, the service excellent, and the company was amazing. We gave out prizes for several different awards, and I don't think Sam will ever get over not winning the Traveled Furthest award! There was also a touching moment when we took time to remember the classmates we've lost (Gary, Tommy Dale, Pat and Jason) and had the parents of some of them present. Dana did a GREAT job putting it together, and Sam and Mark were the perfect people to speak. I do think the hilight of the pre-karaoke was Shanell with her "prize" having her own private photo shoot!

Last, but definantly not least, was the karaoke portion of the night! It's amazing what can transpire when you get together with old friends, some of whom have already been hittin' the sauce, then add more beer and a live mic! Brandon, Steven and Anthony were the hits of the night, followed closely by Shanell, Sheri and her husband Bobby, Alicia and -GASP- Yours truly! I will never be able to hear "You Don't Have to Call Me Darlin" without thinking of these guys ever again. There will be pictures posted in the next couple of days to document this time of listening enjoyment.

3 comments:

Marie said...

Oh my gosh Leah! I am super impressed! Good job with the blog. It sounds like the reunion was a complete success! It sounds like so much fun. It actually makes me look forward to mine. (I might have to actually go if it is as fun as it sounds)

Teale said...

Leah has a blog! I knew you couldn't stay away!!! We had so much fun this weekend... I think we had more than 30 people if you count the others that showed up for Friday night. I'm going to post my photos on the web and when I do I'll give you the password info if you want to post any also--

Unknown said...

Sounds like yall had a blast! Maybe I'll catch the 30 year...