Monday, October 15, 2007

Monday Morning Surprise

Let me start out by saying that this is not my normal schedule, so things were already off from the start. Today is Monday, that day that everyone dreads because it means the end of the weekend and to make it worse for me, I have to get to school WAY early (6:30 am) to keep the children who come to school early. So, I get up WAY early (people, my philosophy is that if the sun isn't up, I shouldn't be, either) get a shower, and am of course running a little late - shocker, I know. Anyway, I get to school at about 6:33, and there are no cars of parents with children waiting on me (thank goodness!) so I go ahead and let myself into the EMPTY school. Yes, that's right, I'm the only one in the whole entire darn HUGE place. So I get inside, get my sign in sheets ready for my children all in a rush, then sit down to have my breakfast banana and turn on my computer. So there I am, wondering when I'll have my first child come and waiting for my computer to start and I hear a noise. Of course, my senses are SUPER sensitive, since I'm a little on the paranoid side and I whip my head around toward the noise only to see a HUGE BROWN RAT (well, maybe it was just a little brown mouse, but it seemed huge at the time),scurry out of my classroom door! I then hear a thud from the other side of the wall from the classroom next door and am freaking out! I put my feet on top of a nearby prop, take out my trusty cell phone (when my hands are steady enough) and call the only person I know who is awake at this time of morning with their phone - my wonderful husband. When I told him my story all he had to say was "Well, as long as it wasn't at the house..." What a BOY! So, I'm now off to face the rest of the day being ever watchful for a furry brown visitor. I wonder if they'll let me set out some traps...

2 comments:

Teale said...

All I can say is... EWWWWWW!!!!

Unknown said...

So I hope it was either caught or left the building! I would have freaked too!!