Saturday, May 10, 2008

My Dad the Beauty Queen

This Friday was the annual Relay For Life celebration / fund raiser in Columbiana at the baseball field. For those of you who aren't familliar with this, teams that are mad up of different businesses and organizations raise money to help find a cure for cancer. There is a surviver walk, in which cancer survivors make a "victory lap" around the field and luminaries are purchased in honor or memory of loved ones. Each group has its own way to raise money, and my dad was in a group this year. His bank (First United Security Bank) formed a team, and devised a fabulous way to raise money - a womanless fashion show! So my dad, being the good sport that he is, agreed to dress up for the said show. His, um, HER stage name was Edie Brazier, and he looked fantastic! We decided on the boots and hat Thursday night. I think it was a stroke of genious! During the show, the three contestants had to freestyle dance to "Man, I Feel Like A Woman", and these contestants didn't disappoint! The winner was decided by which contestant received the most donations, and dad won! We had a great time for a great cause!



3 comments:

Teale said...

oh my word! I think I'm scarred for life! :)

Leah said...

You think YOU'RE scarred? I'm the one that had to help him fix his boobs and practice the "bend and snap"!

Marie said...

oh my goodness. That's a side of your dad i've never seen. that is just too funny for words.