Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Busy Weekend

Ok, I know it's been FOREVER since I've posted anything, but now I finally have something to post! Since I don't have any children of my own or an exciting life, I rarely have noteworthy occurances in my life. I know, it's sad!

Anyway, this weekend was the first of MANY busy ones this season. It started out with my first trip to Sips 'N Strokes on Friday night. I went with my sister, Jody, my two cousins, Brandy and Stacey and our "adopted cousin", Carrie. We met for dinner beforehand and then headed to Sips 'N Strokes. Our picture was a snowman in a snowy field and they all turned out well! Since it is the Christmas season, the owner is doing like Oprah and giving away some of her favorite things until New Year's Eve, when she will be giving away a trip to Hawaii!! Each day she is giving away other prizes at each location. I was the only lucky one of our group that won anything. I received a $25 off certificate for my next visit!! I can't wait to go back! Below are some pictures from our experience.

This is the original picture that we were trying to paint.


Brandy had a little bit of trouble getting into her "sips"!


There we go! (Jody was NOT sipping!)


The Family getting ready to paint.


This is my painting at the first break.


Sisterly Love!


The "Painter Sisters"


Break #2


Havin' fun at the break!


My finished product!



Stacey, the seasoned pro, put us all to shame!


Ok, so this has turned into a longer blog than expected. Stay tuned for the rest of the weekend!

2 comments:

Teale said...

So fun! I loved Sips N Strokes! We didn't get the fancy smocks when we went... I spent the whole time worrying about getting paint all over me! We need to go together sometime, granted it may take me a few more months (I'm kind of on a 2 hour leash these days)... and paint pottery again, and see a movie, and, and... the list goes on. Your snowman pic looks great! That is awesome you won $25 off - that is totally worth it to go back!

Jody said...

Dude! Where's the pic of MY beautiful masterpiece? Scared I would show you up?? ;-)

Also--you forgot to mention that you won because I, like a dork, traded seats!!! I say you give your gift certificate to mom so we can talk her into going!