Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Busy Weekend Part II

Ok, so I only got as far as Friday night in my last post. Now for the rest of the weekend...

Saturday morning, we got up early (well, early if you didn't go to bed until around 2am the night before) and began preparations for Michael's Dad's family's Thanksgiving/Christmas get-together. I got up and made cornbread to go with the soups and chilis that the rest of the women folk were preparing. I also made sure to have a box of mini saltines (if you haven't seen these yet, you're missing out!), cheese and drinks to add to the meal. After a filling and yummy meal and a round of "Dirty Santa" in which I received a hot chocolate kit, complete with snowman mugs and Michael received a cool multi-head screwdriver set, it was back home and clean up for my staff Christmas party that night. After a yummy dinner at Trigger's Hideout (owned by one of my co-teachers!)we played yet another round of "Dirty Santa", but played as couples. We took home a Dwarf figurine (We think it's Happy) holding a basket. We then played a game of Taboo, which was so much fun!

Sunday morning, we got up and went to church. Directly after church, we went home, changed, picked up Thelma-Lou and headed to Mom and Dad's house to go to the Christmas Tree Farm! Each year our entire family trekks to the farm together to get our trees. By the time we head home we have 7 grown ups, 4 dogs, 3 trees and 2 kids. Pretty full day, huh? We went to Old Baker's Farm and had a great time. Their trees are all beautiful this year! We chose our tree pretty quickly, which is surprising, if you know me. After scoring the most beautiful tree on the farm, calamity struck. Since we didn't have any sharpie's to mark our trees, I requested Michael carve a K into the end of thee tree. I don't know what I was thinking!! My husband, who is a wonderful provider and (0bviously) a very patitent man, doesn't have the best track record with knives... Do you see where this is goiong? Well, he came back to us holding his thumb at the very bottom knuckle with blood steadlily streaming from it. Now we had no need for a sharpie! Yes, he just stuck his bloody hand on the end of the tree to mark it as ours. Very clever, huh? I had a pack of tissues in my pocket, so we used them to try and stop the blood as we headed to Ryan (my wonderful paramedic brother-in-law!) and Jody's truck to bandage him. We went back to Mom and Dad's and Dad bandaged him up with better tools (Ryan had gauze and camoflage duct tape!) and we ate a yummy dinner with them. When we got home, Michael put up the tree and we went to bed. My poor tree stood naked until this past Friday! More on the reasons for that in my next post... I had another busy week! Enjoy the (few) pictures from the tree farm below!

Hey, can I help?


Cool! I can handle this!


Success!


Sam begged to take a picture. Not bad for a 4 year old! :)


Smooch!


Who authorized Uncle Michael to use a knife?!?


The first bandage.


More to come soon!

1 comments:

Teale said...

Poor Michael! Every year I'm scared it will be the year Chad hacks into his arm with that saw!