Monday, February 18, 2008

Busy Weekend

This past weekend was packed full of diversions! It started Thursday (Valentine's Day) with my Valentine's Day party with my class, combined with Valentine Grams being sent to half of the school that I was in charge of organizing. When I got home, full of sugar that I didn't need and ready to crawl in bed from exhaustion, my husband and I were invited to my parents' house to enjoy a meal of steak and potatoes. YUM! Needless to say, I perked up a little!

Friday, I took the Junior class officers to the Birmingham Zoo to check out the lodge as a potential place to have our prom. Yes, that's right, I'm in charge of the prom! (On a sidebar, yes, we're having it at the zoo! More to follow in another post...) After getting home (finally) my honey took me out on a real date! We went to Carrabba's, our favorite place and went all out with an appetizer and everything! After dinner we went to the movies to see "Fool's Gold" which is FABULOUS, then to Dairy Queen for dessert. I was so excited to have a date night that didn't include a trip to Wal-Mart!

I spent the first part of Saturday sleeping late and watching Hallmark movies, when I should have been cleaning and doing responsible grown-up stuff. Then, it was off to good 'ol Shelby Academy to take up money at the beauty pageant. I showed up dressed in jeans and a nice top, only to find out I was the one responsible for taking the envelopes up to the master of ceremony to read out the winner. I sooo would have dressed up more if I had known! When I got home I rented the new "Hairspray" (not as good as I wanted it to be) and ate leftovers from Friday, since Michael went to Chana Yan without me!

Sunday is the kicker. After screeching in on two wheels to church and (just) making it to sing in the choir, I had to wait with Jody for her ride (another story for another day). I got home, changed and headed out with Michael to accompany Mom and Dad to the Bass Pro Shops in Prattville. Now, some of you have already put this together. Sunday is the day the tornadoes hit Prattville... We didn't know such inclement weather was headed that way, or we wouldn't have gone! It was raining pretty hard when we got there, then the power went out and they got everyone to the lower floor. We thought this was just a precautionary measure. Little did we know that less than 1/4 of a mile away homes and businesses were being destroyed! Yikes! After a quick dinner at O'Charley's, we made it home safe and sound. We are so blessed that we were not caught in the REALLY bad weather!

So, now it's Monday, and I had to stay late at work and I'm exhausted! Although it was a fun weekend, I'll be happy to just vege this coming weekend. I mean, we spent all of our going out money for the month (and then some) in one weekend! Oh well, at least we had fun!

2 comments:

Teale said...

Reading that makes me tired... so funny you are planning another prom, the zoo is a much better locale than the high school auditorium! :)

Marie said...

Ok, so it sounds fun to me to help plan the prom but I am sure it might not be as much fun as it sounds. And, 1 more thing...how could hairspray not be as good as you wanted it. I can't imagine it being any better. We must discuss!