Monday, December 10, 2007

Good Times in Gatlinburg

Last week Michael and I returned from a long awaited trip to Gatlinburg! We left on a Saturday Morning and returned on the following Tuesday. This was our first trip with just the two of us since our honeymoon 6 1/2 years ago! We stayed in a great little condo on the TOP of the mountain that had a fantastic and awe inspiring view. We were 4 miles up, and there was only one small condo area after ours, then the road turned to gravel. On our way home Tuesday, we looked DOWN on the ski lodge where they were making snow. It was beautiful! There was so much to do, we had a pretty packed weekend, but we had a blast! We went shopping on our first day out, and did most of the Gatlinburg attractions, mainly shopping in The Village, getting to be fascinated with the taffy machine AGAIN (It's still my favorite thing there!) and the amazing view on the Sky Lift. Our favorite things were the shopping (ok, so that's mainly my favorite thing!), Fanny Farkle's arcade and the Ober dogs they serve there, the aquarium and, of course, Cade's Cove. I think that Cade's Cove topped both of our lists. The drive there was beautiful, and we listened to my new Celtic Women Christmas CD while we drove. It was almost as good as being at church! It still amazes me when I see all of the beautiful things God has made! My God is so wonderful, and is wonders truly do never cease! After the scenic drive up, we were treated to being able to see 34 deer (One 6 pt, one spike and a button buck included) and were able to get to within 50 ft. of the 6 pt. who was just laying on the ground in a field. Yes, we were crazy enough to get out of our cars and try to get a closer look! We also saw several turkeys, crows, woodpeckers (yellow bellied sap suckers) and squirrels. We really enjoyed ourselves and were able to get all of our last Christmas presents taken care of! I also picked out a lot of my Christmas there.... I'm so sad I have to wait to use my new purse and wallet!!! The aquarium was AWESOME!! The shark tunnel was amazing - we got some really close-up shots of nothing but shark teeth, which is enough to give anyone pause. Anyway, if anyone wants to go on a trip and doesn't want to go too far, Gatlinburg has my vote!


2 comments:

Teale said...

Looks like you had a great trip! Your hair... did you cut it or do something different? Looks good! Oh, and michael looks like the Captain Morgan guy in that one picture. he he he :)

Leah said...

We had a ball! Yes, I've cut and colored my hair - aren't you proud?!? I'm so glad you got Michael's pose - he does the "Captain Morgan" stance all of the time, so I HAD to post that one. I'm so tickled you recognized it!