Thursday, November 8, 2007

Sam the Magician!

This weekend one of the rarest and best things EVER occurred - we got an EXTRA hour of sleep! I was all bright-eyed and bushytailed on Sunday Morning (after oversleeping even with the extra hour of sleep) and rarin' to go! Since we were all feeling so wonderfully rested, my entire family decided to go to Cracker Barrel for lunch. So, Michael and I met Jody, Ryan and thier boys at Mom and Dad's and we all went to Cracker Barrel. This is where Sam discovered his "magical talents". By this, I mean that Dad tricked him into thinking that he could make the gas lamps on the table move by rotating his hand in the general direction of the lamp. Of course, Sam can't do magic - dad was moving the lamp from the base under the table, but Sam didn't know that! Folks, this was QUALITY entertainment! My personal favorite was his "behind the head" move. This is 100% up my Dad's alley. He does this kind of stuff all of the time. I remember wishing for color in "The Wizard of Oz" until I was probably 10 years old. I'm a sucker when it comes to my Daddy! So, anyway, even though it took a REALLY long time to be seated and get our food, a good time was had by all. Michael and I even got some Christmas shopping done!

Below is a picture of "Sam the Magnificent"!